Need some fun puzzle activities for your kids? You’ve come to the right place!
Inside: You’ll find over 35 puzzle activities that are sure to put your puzzles to good use. Plus, we have some art activities and DIY puzzles that are sure to be a hit!
Let’s dive in…
Listen, I know it’s no surprise that puzzle activities are the ultimate learning activity for your kids.
But, understanding exactly what is happening to our children’s brains when they’re completing a puzzle is downright amazing! Be sure to check out this awesome post from board games for learning.
And, you know what??
That makes me feel even more justified because puzzle activities are one of our favorite “toys.”
As soon as my babies were ready, I had puzzles ready for them! From chunky puzzles to more complicated puzzles, we like to have all different types of puzzles around here. So, you’re in for a super fun list because these activities are my FAVORITE. To keep it easy, I split this list of over 35 puzzle activities into two big categories: DIY Puzzles and Crafts and Activities with Puzzles.
DIY Puzzles and Crafts
- Make a shape tape puzzle on the floor | Happily Ever Mom
- Or, make washi tape shape puzzles – these look even better on a light table! | Happily Ever Mom
- Salt Dough Dinosaur Fossil Matching| Royal Baloo
- DIY Paint Chip Puzzles | Happily Ever Mom
- DIY Cardboard Maze | Kara Carrero
- DIY Sight Word Puzzles | Mosswood Connection
- Cardboard Nesting Puzzle for Counting | Active Littles
- Craft Stick Photo Puzzle | Dayna Bayna
- Or, Make Craft Stick Puzzles with a Thanksgiving Theme | Homeschool Preschool
- Make ornaments with puzzle pieces | Red Ted Art
- Or, make a Fall Tree | Natural Beach Living
- Make a DIY shape puzzle | Barley and Birch
- Make a puzzle out of rocks | Hello, Wonderful
- DIY Tetris inspired puzzle | Rhythms of Play
- DIY Magnetic Tile Cardboard Puzzles | Learning and Exploring Through Play
- Make your own magnetic puzzle | Go Science Girls!
- DIY cardboard Rainbow Puzzle | Hello, Wonderful
- Make Post-it Note Puzzles | Happily Ever Mom
Secondly, my favorite category…
Activities with Puzzles
- Use a flashlight to solve a puzzle in the dark | Happily Ever Mom
- Rainbow Rice Alphabet Puzzle Bin | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Set up a puzzle sorting bin | Busy Toddler
- Unwrap puzzle pieces with toddlers | Happily Ever Mom
- Or, use wrapping paper to unwrap puzzle pieces with older kids | Happily Ever Mom
- Puzzle Sensory Bin | The Chaos and The Clutter
- Hiddle Puzzle Piece Sensory Bin | School Time Snippets
- PomPom Puzzle Counting Game | TheArtKitBlog
- Animal Matching with Puzzles | The Art Kit Blog
- Make a Puzzle Hunt Book | The Educator’s Spin On It
- 3D World Globe Puzzle | Mama Smiles
- Got snow? Make a snow match puzzle | Happy Toddler Playtime
- Make a quick alphabet puzzle with playdough | Busy Toddler
- Make DIY Chunky Puzzles with cardboard | Toddler Approved
- Make a toddler peek-a-boo puzzle with post-it notes | Happy Toddler Playtime
- Make a sticky puzzle grab | Happily Ever Mom
- Find hidden puzzle pieces in a kleenex box | Happily Ever Mom
While we’re on the topic of puzzle activities, don’t miss out on this fabulous puzzle hack to store all those puzzle pieces! It’s pure genius from my friend, Days With Grey.
Need More Inspiration??
Click on these images for MORE fun activities!