We adore a game for kids that sneaks in learning, too.
Since my house is already drowning in plastic eggs, I wanted to come up with a fun DIY game to utilize those
blasted plastic eggs that are so prevalent during Spring (Okay, I secretly love those eggs…sometimes). Instead of doing an egg scavenger hunt, we hid objects underneath the eggs to make a “Memory” Easter game for kids!
If you’ve gotten rid of all of your plastic eggs from last year, never fear. You could easily do this game with cups instead.
For younger kids, put matching snacks underneath the eggs instead of small trinkets.
Materials for Easter Game for Kids
- Plastic Eggs
- Pairs of small objects from around the house. We used beads, small jewels, googly eyes, and other little things we found. (or you can use small snacks)
Cover each object with half of a plastic egg. Move the plastic eggs around so that you don’t remember where they are hidden.
How to Play Easter Game for Kids
- Each person can lift two egg shells during one turn
- If the object is the same, you get to keep them
- If they do not match, cover them back up
- Take turns until all of the matches are found
We LOVED this fun family game.
In fact, we played this game over a dozen times. We used 8 different pairs so we ended up “tying” the majority of the time. But, it was still fun.
Bonus: kids can play this game on their own too!
More Games for Kids from Happily Ever Mom