Hi and welcome to Happily Ever Mom!
Today, we’re talking about 20 brilliant baby hacks that every busy Mom needs to know…
There are so many brilliant baby hacks that I wish I had known about when I had my first child.
From making teething pops to using your scarf to save the day, I wanted to share all of these AMAZING tips for busy Moms because it’s going to make your life easier. Period.
Have fun with these!
The Secret to Bouncing Back After Baby
Before we get started with the list of useful hacks, I have to tell you 2 things that have truly helped me after having a baby.
It’s not always about having meals brought to your door or extra gifts for baby (although those are great too), sometimes it’s finding ways to take care of yourself that can help you to take better care of your baby.
After three babies, these are the 2 SECRETS that have made me bounce back and feel like myself after pregnancy…
JEANS THAT MAKE YOU SAY WOAH.
Finding comfortable clothes after having a baby was a struggle for me.
I caved and decided to try a subscription box. I wasn’t hopeful, but I have to tell you, my favorite thing on the PLANET is now stitch fix. Stitch fix has great clothes, styled just for you, that are delivered to your front door.
- No stuffy changing rooms.
- No trying to run to the store during a nap.
- No wrangling your baby.
JUST TRY THE CLOTHES ON AT HOME AND SEND BACK WHAT YOU DON’T LIKE.
It’s $20 to send the whole box, so it’s super low risk to try it out. I’ve found the jeans and tops to be super comfortable (and forgiving as my body healed). But, the dresses? That’s what I’ve gotten the most wear out of (and the most compliments)!
Psst…You can also give someone a Stitch Fix gift card to try it out ~ Best gift ever!
REAL WORKOUTS FROM HOME.
Next, we’ve got to find a great exercise program. My preference? Workouts that keep me home instead of the gym. If you’re like me, you’ll want workout DVDs at home that don’t waste your time, keep you entertained, AND delivers results. In my opinion, these are the workout DVD’s that do just that…
My favorite is PiYo (a blend of pilates and yoga that really challenge your core, balance, and strength) and Cize (which gets you dancing in your living room while you sweat). These workouts make you sweat and follow a schedule that will give you results. But, there are a few others that I love too…
I HAVE ALSO RELIED ON (AND LOVED!) THESE DVDS AT HOME:
- Stott Pilates – core workout
- Lindsey Brin’s workouts for pregnant and postpartum moms *these are great!
Whatever you choose, remember that it took you nine months to grow a human. Be kind to yourself and take your time!
Now, onto these brilliant baby hacks…
20+ Brilliant Baby Hacks for Busy Moms!
This post contains affiliate links to make your life easier – here’s our disclosure policy.
1. Make a cheerio necklace for when you’re shopping with baby | Raising Mathilda
2. Use this diaper genie hack to save cash and still keep out the smell of dirty diapers. | Exploring Domesticity
3. Cut up a sports bra so that you can use a breast pump hands-free! | Mama’s Milk
4. Stop cleaning your pump bottles and use this hack instead ~ what a time saver! | Great Many Things
5. Use this baby leggings hack to keep little legs warm. | Ten Cow Chick
6. Make teething pops with breast milk or formula (psst..you’ll love what they used for the babies to hold these pops!) | The Johnston’s
7. If you’re still pregnant and want to know the sex of your baby, learn about the Ramzi method to determine baby’s gender from an ultrasound picture (apparently, you can learn as early as six weeks). | Baby Center
8. Keep track of medicine doses on the bottles.
9. Put baby in a blow up pool in the living room with toys.
Tip: Baby will love playing in the blow up pool, but this one looks cute too!
10. Give your back more support when your carrying your baby with this simple scarf hack | Mamasphere
11. Or, use the scarf as an easy way to carry a bigger baby/toddler when your out and about (like I do).
(This post contains affiliate links)
12. Use an infinity scarf as a nursing cover when we you’re traveling. (Here’s the light weight scarf that I used with my son)
13. Hang your video monitor on the wall above baby’s crib so that you have the best angle to see baby (Then there’s no cords to trip over either!). We’ve used two different video monitors, but this monitor is our favorite!
14. Turn baby’s blocks into a photo album of family and loved ones.
15. Use a balance ball for entertaining and exercising baby. | Mama OT
16. Turn on your blow dryer when baby is crying to help calm them down (or vacuum your living room. That will do the trick too).
17. Download a white noise app on your phone so you can use that trick when you’re on the go.
18. Pull down the tabs of a onesie to get baby’s outfit off easily. | Buzz Feed
19. Use painters tape to cover outlets. (works great when you’re in hotel rooms or when you’re visiting someone’s house for the weekend)
20. Keep baby clean with this towel hack – so smart when you need a quick bib! | Kids Activities Blog
Bonus #21. Sew a washcloth on the end of a towel to make your own hoodie towel. (Thank you to my Dad’s Aunt for that idea!)
I love everything about these hacks because they made me think outside of the box.
Instead of feeling like I had to buy ALL THE THINGS that are marketed out there, I realized that with a little creativity, I could come up with some ideas that use things that I already have around the house.
But, I don’t just love baby hacks! There’s even more hacks that we’ve found useful at the bottom of the post.
But, There’s More!
Stay up to date with our latest parenting tips, helpful hacks, and ways to survive the early years of parenting with grace by joining our newsletter.
No fluff. No spam. Just stuff Moms need and want to read about. Welcome to the group!
More HACKS from Happily Ever Mom