Are you thinking about potty training your kids?
As a preschool teacher for over 10 years and a Mom to two kids, I’ve picked up some potty training tips that really work. These tips are how to set kids up for success before you even start. I’m going to share 5 easy tips that you can start with your kids today that will make all of the difference!
Hi and welcome to Happily Ever Mom!
We’re here to talk about all things potty training. You might have stumbled onto this post about 5 Potty Training Must-Do’s Before You Even Start if:
- You haven’t started potty training yet.
- You’ve potty trained once, but you need inspiration.
- You have a child who’s showing interest in potty training, but you aren’t ready to start yet.
Is that you?
Then this is exactly where you should be!
My 5 tips are what I call our “potty training ground work” or the things that kids need to be able to do before they can potty on their own.
But, before we get to that, we’ve got to start with this…
You have to have a few potty training supplies.
POTTY TRAINING MUST-HAVES (The Supply List)
These are affiliate links to Amazon <—psst…there’s no extra cost to you, but this helps my blog to run – Thank you! – read my disclosure if you want more info.
- We invested in this potty training chair because of the high back and pee guard. It’s been great for out little girl and our little boy AND it’s easy to clean!
- Grab a ring that sits on a toilet too because you don’t know what your child will like best. This potty ring is AWESOME because it has a hook to hang on the side of the toilet AND a handle that serves as a back rest!! ((genius))
- These wet bags are perfect for when you are out and your child has an accident. Just throw these in the wash along with the clothes.
- There is something about this potty training book that my kids loved in the classroom – if you can jump into the humor, it’s a great book for the kids to read!