Have you ever spent way too much time searching for ideas for your kids to do on Pinterest or Instagram?
Maybe you’ve found a few activities that you love, but then you need more…
In fact, you don’t need just a few good ideas, but rather a bunch of ideas that will grow with your child or children. And, can it be activities for different ages, please?! And, yes, I mean ones that include the BABY!
My dear friend, Kristina, and I kept searching for this resource.
But, we couldn’t find it.
As busy moms of five kids between the ages of 1-10, we were looking for something that would work for all of our kids. Not just one or two. Not only that, but we wanted activities that used things that we already had in our house, so we didn’t have to constantly buy new materials.
After failing to find a resource that had activities for our one-year-old, toddler, preschooler, and young first grader, we decided to make it ourselves. We call it, Let’s Play Every Day!
The Amazing Part??
You’re getting access to our book during a time when we need activities for our kids more than ever!
((can I get an Amen?))
So….who are we to make a book??
Kristina blogs over at OTinspired. She’s a licensed occupational therapist who knows just how much parents can struggle at home. She works with children who have developmental delays that sometimes make it challenging for her clients to do the typical activities that you see on Instagram and Pinterest. As a result, she’s gone through each activity that we offer in our book to share modifications that will help you adapt each activity to meet your child’s needs and more!
Her expertise and adaptations for each activity isn’t something you’ll find in other kid’s activity books.
Trust me, I’ve looked!
I’ve blogged here at Happily Ever Mom for nearly seven years. After years of working as a preschool teacher, I quickly realized that doing things at home with my kids doesn’t look the same as when I was in the classroom. I tried to do a lot of things with my kids that I knew was developmentally appropriate and would challenge them, but classroom activities just weren’t the same at home. Over the years, I’ve tried tons of activities and I strive to make Mom’s lives easier by coming up with engaging activities that use things you already have around the house.
More than anything…
We are moms!
We’ve been exactly where you are; in fact, we’re still there!
Our backgrounds in early childhood education and occupational therapy enabled us to create an amazing resource for moms, dads, caregivers, and grandparents that we desperately wanted ourselves. In fact, we had such a fun time making this, Let’s Play Every Day has over 40 of our favorite activities tailored just for you and your kids!
We made the exact book that we’ve always wanted…
Okay, so what did we want in this book? Well, when we first started to brainstorm, Let’s Play Every Day, these were our must-haves requirements for the book:
- We wanted activities that we could do with our youngest and oldest kids.
- We wanted activities that build on one another and get harder to prep kids for kindergarten.
- We wanted to make it easy. We wanted you to be able to grab a few materials you have around the house and prep something fun in minutes.
- And, more than anything, we wanted something that we’re thrilled to use with our own kids. So each of these 40 activities have been tried and tested by all five of our kids!
And, they had a blast making it for you!!
So, what makes this ebook so unique?
Whether you have a baby at home or you have multiple children under 5, this ebook will meet your needs now and for many years to come because we’ve built each activity on “levels.”
- Levels are just a way of helping you know where to start (Level 1) and how to adapt an activity into something more challenging for your child (by moving through Levels 2-4).
The Power of Leveled Activities
You can work with multiple kids at the same time
- You can have your older baby/toddler working on something that’s developmentally appropriate for them at Level 1 while your older child works with the same material at a higher level.
You can work with one child and challenge them as they grow
- If you have one child, you can start with level 1 and then we’ll show you how to challenge your child with the same activity by adapting to Level 2 and beyond.
But, what if I don’t have a baby? Where do I start?
- Our ebook is fluid which lets you decide when your child is ready for the next level. We do this because each child is unique and we don’t want to just tell you which level your child should be at. Some young toddlers will start at Level 1 even though we have older babies in mind with those activities. Use your discretion and experiment to see what the best level is for your child.
What if my child can’t do or isn’t interested in the activity?
- We included OT adaptations for each activity which will help you to adapt activities to your own child’s pace and interest! No more setting up an activity and thinking, “well, that was too easy for my kid.” Or, “that was way too hard.” Now, you can find that awesome activity sweet spot that is just right for your child.
Ready to dive in?
You can get both our ebook format and our activity card format with one easy click. First, you’ll get our ebook delievered straight into your inbox. This is a great format if you want to print the book to have something tangible. While our ebook is a digital product delivered to your inbox, we suggest printing this through The Homeschooling Printing Company. Our ebook also goes into more detail to help you walk through each activity and the OT modifications that you can make.
Then, we’ll personally email you our activity card format for FREE which is more visual, so you can just scroll through to view each activity. It makes it much easier to read on any device!
That’s not everything – you’re getting even more!
At the end of our ebook, you’ll find printables for over ten activities in our book to make it even easier to set up.
Just print, cut, and set up the activity.
We love how much time this saves!
End the battle of trying to find activities exclusively on Pinterest or Instagram and get an awesome resource delivered right into your inbox. Easy. Fun. And, a wonderful way to make sure your kids learn & play every day! 🙂
Leave a Reply