Glow in the dark egg shakers are the perfect DIY instrument!
We’ve had a blast making glow in the dark instruments before, but when I grabbed plastic eggs at the dollar store, I knew that I wanted to make them into egg shakers. And, when I saw that we had glow sticks, I was determined to make our egg shakers GLOW!!
Because everything is better when it’s glow in the dark!! But, really it’s because the theme for the light and reflections series today is music and movement. I wanted to come up with an easy, glowing instrument that anyone could make, and these came out so nicely!!
Materials for Glow in the Dark Egg Shakers
- Large Plastic Eggs (Ours are clear and from the dollar store)
- Glow Sticks
- Put some beads in the bottom half of one of the plastic eggs.
- Then, break a glow stick (so that it will glow) and form a circle.
- Place the glow stick inside the plastic egg with the beads.
- Close the plastic egg with the other half.
- Tape the joint where the two halves of the plastic egg meet (otherwise the egg will pop open as you shake it!)
They turned every light off in the living room and ran around shaking and singing. It was amazing to see how something so simple and so easy to make brought them so much joy!!
That’s what it’s all about for me – creating memories and family fun!
After these lose their glow the next day, you’ll still have egg shakers for the kids to use! Now, that’s awesome!!
Be sure to check out the other posts in this series:
Mimicking Movements with Mirrors Game from Where Imagination Grows
Musical Water Experiments on the Light Table from Still Playing School
Glowing Floor Piano from And Next Comes L