I have been looking for an easy sugar scrub recipe.
When I was growing up, I remember a store opening at my local mall and it was filled with these smelly scrubs and adorable gifts for kids. I splurged and bought this incredible brown sugar scrub. I had that sugar scrub for over a decade and barely used it!
You know those gifts that you get, but you couldn’t possibly use because they’re just. that. great?! Well, now I know how to make my own sugar scrub (which I’ll be using ALL of the time) and it smells just as amazing. Bonus: it’s easy enough to get my kids involved in making it, too!
My parents have six citrus trees and I have my own lemon and orange tree in my backyard. Needless to say, I love the smell of citrus.
It’s why I was thrilled to see so many citrus essential oils to choose from for this citrus sugar scrub…orange, lemon, lime…there are so many options to make this smell amazing!
What You Need to Make This Citrus Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1/4 cup (or less) Orange body wash/bubble bath
- 2-3 drops lemon or orange essential oils
How to Make This Citrus Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Start by measuring your sugar. Kids can get involved with pouring the ingredients in the bowl.
- Then, add the orange body wash or whatever body wash you have on hand.
- Lastly, add your drops of essential oils. Since our body wash had an orange scent, our essential oils only brought out that amazing citrus smell.
- Pour into mason jars and close. Give these as gifts or keep them on hand for when you have guests stay with you! They are perfect to use in the shower.
My kids literally used this entire jar during one bath time – they LOVED it!
And, it smelled heavenly…
But, Essential Oils are for More Than Just for Sugar Scrubs!!
You can read more about essential oils here...we use them to keep our family healthy EVERY day!