I’m always on the hunt for a fun Christmas activity.
Let’s face it. This time of year is *super* busy.
You just need a break from it all to sip your coffee in peace while the kids have something fun to do.
I get you, Momma.
That’s while I’m super excited to share this activity with you:
- It takes minutes to set up with little to no prep.
- It’s perfect for toddlers to younger elementary school.
- AND, it’s ALWAYS a huge hit with kids.
All you need is some tape, water, and this fun craft supply…
By the time my preschooler woke up, she was ready to line her tree with our secret craft supply.
Are you ready for it??
The secret supply is: FOAM SHEETS!
Did you know that foam sheets will stick to the windows and most bathtubs with just a little water added to the back? Kids go crazy for this material.
And, the best part?
You can take the foam pieces down and put them back up again with a little more water. That means that kids can do this over and over and over again!
I promise you. They’re going to want to!
Materials for the Easiest Ever Christmas Activity
- Foam Sheets <— affiliate links to Amazon to keep it easy for you. This will take you to a long list of options to buy craft supply foam sheets. We like to save our 50% off coupon to Michael’s Craft Store and use it on a big pack of foam sheets. Either way works!
- Painter’s Tape (affiliate link)
- Paint Brush
How to Set Up this Christmas Activity
- I started by making a large triangle with painter’s tape. I eyeballed the triangle, but you could draw a triangle with a dry erase marker first if it would help.
- Make the rectangle for the base of the tree.
- Cut out circles from your foam sheets as the ornaments.
- Put out a cup of water with a paint brush.
- Kids can paint the foam with water and it will stick to the window.
- Kids can pull them down and restick them over and over and over!
Note :: I first saw this genius idea from Fun at Home with Kids and thought it was pure genius. A big thanks to Asia for always inspiring us to be more creative with our kids!
I love that both my *almost* 2 year old and *almost* five year old can both do this Christmas activity together.
Do you know what I SUPER love?
I didn’t have to reheat my coffee ONCE while my kids did this activity.
Now, that my friend, is a success!!
Check out the other posts in this series!
Retelling The Mitten on the Light Table – Still Playing School
Arctic Animals Small World on the Light Table – Where Imagination Grows
Christmas Science on the Light Table – And Next Comes L