My daughter is about to start her first day of kindergarten and all I can think about is what a big step this is for our family!
And, with that step comes a lot of extras…packing lunches, new clothes and shoes, school supplies, backpack and lunch box, and so much more. While I’m wading through my own emotions about sending my baby off to kindergarten, there are so many things that I have to check off the checklist in order to be ready to go back to school. And, let me tell you, it’s all a little overwhelming.
That’s why I was thrilled to team up our Happily Ever Mom sponsor, Horizon Organics, because they know how busy going back to school can be for families, especially for your pantry. Suddenly, I have to be stocked and ready to pack a lunch every single day of the week (long gone are summer leftovers for lunch). In the spirit of back to school, we came up with some fun packages that family and friends can send to kids to celebrate the end of summer.
In the spirit of knowing how much family support matters, these back to school lunch care packages are a great way for people to celebrate and support kids regardless of how far away they are.
Kids will love getting these in the mail and parents will love having some extra lunch items to use!
Back To School Lunch Ideas: How to Make Care Packages
The Protein Care Package
- Horizon snack honey grahams (there are lots of other Horizon snacks to choose from here)
- Packets of almond/peanut butter
- Squeeze Applesauce or Apples
- New lunch box or lunch containers (aff link)
- Handwritten notes for parents to put in the lunch boxes
The Sweet Treat Care Package
- Horizon snack chocolate grahams
- Coupon/money for yogurts (since it wouldn’t be easily shipped)
- Jar of nutella for dipping
- Dried berries like blueberries and strawberries (we liked them freeze dried)
- Add our favorite snack containers that can also be use to freeze your own popsicles (aff link)
The Savory Care Package
- Horizon snack cheddar crackers
- Small cookie cutters to cut shapes out of sandwiches or cheese slices
- Small Boxes of raisins
- Package of beef jerky
- Add a few reusable sandwich bags that come in fun colors for kids (aff link)
Remember that by sending just a few things to a child can mean so much to them.
This is such a fun way to celebrate back to school even if you live far away!
This conversation is sponsored by Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.