Valentine’s Day Goop only takes two ingredients to make and there’s no cooking! That’s right up my alley since I always overcook whatever is on the stove. 😉 After we made this translucent goop that was inspired by the recipe we found on Kids in the Kitchen, we put it on our light table for extra fun!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 teaspoon Borax
- 1 scant cup of water
- (1) Bottle of Clear Glue
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of borax in a scant cup of water (it’s okay if you have too much water, you can just drain it later).
- In a separate bowl, squeeze out the entire bottle of clear glue and add a splash of water to the bowl as well.
- If you’re going to add food coloring, add it now to the bowl of clear glue and water.
- Stir the glue and food coloring.
- Remember that bowl you set aside with the borax and water? Combine both bowls together.
- Stir and you will immediately see clumps of goop forming!
- Drain any excess water
**Tip: Cover the ground with a splat mat or painter’s tarp or take this outside because goop can get into carpets!
Have you made something like this before?