We’ve had to really think about the best gift for kids who live in a small space.
Our family and friends have asked us what the best gifts are since we don’t have much space where we live and my answer has changed over the years. But, with two kids in a small home, I can truly attest to the one toy that has been amazing in our small space for BOTH of my children….
So, what is it that we can’t live without in our small space?
We made sure that we had a place with a nice sized porch so that we could have a few outside toys. Why? Because we knew how important our outdoor space would be and we wanted to maximize every inch of our home (inside and out) for our kids.
And, this post is NOT sponsored by the product – we just love our sandbox and wanted to share!
Why is the BEST gift for kids who live in a small space a Sandbox?
- Sand play is integral for young children to learn lots of different skills including, but not limited to: pouring, sifting, scooping, measuring, dramatic play, sensory experience, etc.
- This sandbox is large enough for one child to have enough space to play in the sand while still allowing for a second child to comfortably, too!
- But, it still fits comfortably on a small porch.
- You can use it for more than a sandbox: fill it with balls, put toys inside, or use it as splash pool by filling it with water.
- It doesn’t stand out with it’s neutral colors.
- Bonus: it has a cover!
This sandbox along with some sand toys and a few bags of play sand would be an amazing gift for kids this year. It’s a gift to get kids outdoors and playing even when they live in a small space!
Don’t have a porch? Check out how we bring the sand indoors <— it’s a breeze to clean up, too!
And, we’re thrilled to be a part of the Holiday Wishlist Blog Hop today! Be sure to check out the other reviews in this series.