I provide Amazon links for you to help keep this blog alive and thriving. You can see my full disclosure here – thank you for the support!
Heart-shaped binoculars are so easy to make! You’re kids will love trying to search for their Valentine! We love Valentine’s Day ideas for kids here at Happilyevermom. We’ve played with Valentine’s Day goop and created sticky heart art on the light table, but these heart-shaped binoculars are the perfect last minute Valentine’s Day craft!
Materials for Heart-Shaped Binoculars
- (2) Toilet Rolls
- Tempera or Acrylic Paint
- String (We received our friendship thread free from Craft Project Ideas. Their website is an awesome place to find craft supplies!)
- Paint Brushes
- Hole Punch
Preparing to Make Heart-Shaped Binoculars
Get your space ready by covering a table in some cut up, brown paper bags (or, whatever you have that you can use). It will make clean up so much easier!
**Tip: Shape each toilet roll like a heart before painting AND after you paint. It will help to hold the shape of a heart.
How to Make Heart-Shaped Binoculars
- My daughter drenched her binoculars in red tempera paint and then moved on to paint mine as well.
- Use a little bit of tape to adhere the two toilet rolls together and let them dry side by side.
- As they paint drys, it will act like a glue between the two rolls.
- Add a little more tape (We used washi tape because it’s decorative. You can see where we placed the tape in the picture below!).
- Place holes on either side of the binoculars with a hole punch.
- Then, thread your string through the holes to make a necklace.
**Tip: Punch the holes far from the end of the roll so that it doesn’t rip easily when worn
Wear and enjoy! You can go for a walk or stay inside to see if you can find your Valentine. If you love toilet roll art, be sure to check out our toilet roll tree!
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day craft??
Amazon links provided for you – thank you for the support!